Our trucking practice group has over two decades of experience representing insured and self-insured national carriers throughout New York State. This practice group is led by Joel B. Schechter who is a member of the Board of Directors of the Trucking Industry Defense Association (www.TIDA.org). Mr. Schechter is also the President of TIDA.
Bennett Schechter’s rapid response team consists of attorneys, field adjustors and accident reconstruction experts who are available on a 24/7 basis to represent our trucking clients. Our rapid response team ensures that all accident scene evidence is secured as early as possible in order to obtain evidence to prepare defense of these matters.
We help our trucking clients with all of their varied needs, including:
- Driver citations for Vehicle and Traffic Law violations;
- Driver citations for New York State Department of Transportation violations;
- Multiple truck-on-truck and/or truck-on-auto collisions involving the need for on-scene accident reconstruction experts;
- Property damage claims, including those made by municipalities and utility companies;
- Cargo loss claims;
- Wrongful death and catastrophic injury claims; and
- Loss transfer claims.
Bennett Schechter’s mobile app, www.NYTruckingDefense.com, is a useful tool for accident investigations.
For our Rapid Response Team, please click here.